Mission and Vision
Aims and Objectives
ACT shall exist for the purpose of:
- Bringing Catholic Teachers together to establish our Catholic identity.
- building a community of Catholic Teachers on the teachings of the church for an effective Biblical pastoral ministry
- Developing Catholic Teachers to be able to continue with teaching ministry of Christ and His church.
- Supporting Catholic Teachers to carry out their task effectively.
- Research into the needs of the Catholic Teacher and children in the church.
- Providing professional qualitative development, education and leadership service to members of the church towards building a self-reliant community.
- To serve as the mouth piece of Catholic Teachers in the country.
- Providing a register/ database of Catholic Teachers.
- Networking with other educational bodies ( national and international ) in pursue of holistic education.
Membership and Affiliation
Membership and affiliation of Act includes the following:
- Members shall be serving Catholic Teachers who live their baptism and practice the Catholic faith.
- Associate members shall be Catholic educationists, former members of ACT (who are no more in the education sector) and other Catholics involved in the education of young people such as Children Liturgy Teachers.
- Supporting member(s) or sponsor(s) shall be individuals or institutions recognized by the Executive Committee which contribute(s) spiritually, financially and materially towards the promotion of ACT activities.
- ACT shall serve the Ghana Catholic Bishops’ Conference and other organizations which work to promote quality Religious Education in our schools and the church.
- ACT shall also affiliate with other recognized Professional Teachers’ Associations in Ghana and abroad
- Student members shall be members of Association of Catholic Teacher Trainees (ACTT).